Late Sri K. P. Shrivastava was born on 2nd November 1919 at Jaijore near Siwan.He was an epitome of honesty, commitment, dedication and wisdom. He was one of the pioneers of educational movement in the district of Saran, Bihar. He was a great change-maker and socialist influenced by the eminent leaders of India’s freedom movement, like Braj Kishore Prasad, Jai Prakash Narayan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Yusuf Mehar Ali, Acharya Narendra Deo, Anugraha Narayan Singh and above all Mahatma Gandhi. He was a true ‘karmayogi’. He abandoned his higher studies to actively participate in India’s freedom struggle. During the Quit India Movement of 1942, he was imprisoned for more than three years in Bhagalpur Central Jail. In the jail, there was a brutal cane chargeby the British administration inwhich he was injured and suffered permanent impairment of his eye-sight. He was married to Smt.Dharmashila Shrivastva in the year 1959.
After Independence, he dedicated his ideas, energy and vision on the programmes of constructive nation building and entered the field of education. After the initial years of strenuous efforts, he achieved his first success with the foundation of Jai Prakash Mahila College Chapra in the year 1955.This was the first Women’s College in any district headquarter of Bihar. This college is now a constituent unit of the Jai Prakash University, Saran. The second milestone in his efforts was the establishment of Brajkishore Kindergarten.This was a novel experiment with the idea of learning while playing for small children. Brajkishore Kindergarten was established on 15th August 1957 to mark the centenary year of the First War of Indian Independence of 1857. To run the school he founded the Braj Kishore Memorial Trust in year 1977. Due to his intense hard work and honest dedication, the Trust went from strength to strength. Under his able leadership, the Trust acquired more than three acres of land on the Chapra by-passroad at Sandha, to establish the Chapra Central School.This high secondary school is affiliated to CBSE, Delhi. On 19th April, 2000 he laid the foundation stone of the new building for the Chapra Central School. So far, 60 rooms along with labs have been constructed at thiscampus. A new administrative block has been added for the convenience of the students and the guardians.
To encourage sports and games in the district, he donated two running trophies for the ‘District Inter School Cricket Tournament’. He played a major role in the establishment of Phani Bhushan Dance and Music Academy and the Ayurvedic College at Chapra.For the continuous progress of his mission in mass education he handed over the torch of light to the school family. The trusted members of this family are working with a missionary zeal to fulfill the great ambitions of the honourable founder secretary
He passed away on 22nd July 2001.
May his soul rest in peace!
The Trust consists of 15 members. The members come from different fields like public and social service, education, science, press etc. They are all persons of eminence in their fields of endeavor. The association with the Trust is voluntary and does not in result inany pecuniaryadvantage for the members